Saturday, September 13, 2008

When Politicians And Celebrities Collide




These days I guess, aside from being a charismatic and eloquent leader, you'll also have to be celebrity potential to make it in politics. Candidates Sarah Palin and Barack Obama have both scheduled so-called appearances on Saturday Night Live. Although I do agree it is one of the most-watched television shows of all time but I see enough of them in the news already!

Anyway if they do want to make waves, I guess that will have to be the way to go. Tina Fey has been slotted to play Sarah Palin in Saturday Night Live's famous impersonations. That should be pretty good.

Sarah Palin's family life has been scrutinized along with her fashion sense - which isn' so bad I think. Now that both parties are entering the celebrity arena, it's no wonder why Paris Hilton would react to McCain.

I think politicians have come to realize that show business is the best way to brain wash people. It's the best way to reach people and also the most entertaining way, enough so that audiences won't find politicians boring at the same time see them in a positive light - in the same way that everyone wants to look up to Brangelina and talk about celebrities, my guess is they're looking for the same impact.

No comments: