Friday, September 11, 2009

American Idol's Newest Judge - Ellen DeGeneres Replaces Paula Abdul

I think American Idol just made one of its smartest moves replacing Paula Abdul with Ellen DeGeneres. She is cool & smart & honest. Even if she says she won't be a "mean" judge I think she will be honest about her opinions & that's what matters

The audience is divided about the fact that she's a comedian & not a "real" critique, and maybe that's a valid observation. She is first & foremost a comedian. We can't deny that American Idol wants people to watch the show - regardless of why they want to watch. Ellen is definitely a crowd drawer & I think that is one of the reasons they've considered her for the judge position. Whether she be comic relief or a valid decision maker in the new season of American Idol, I'm going to be sure to watch it anyway. I want to hear what she has to say - so I guess her move was a good idea




According to Ellen -- "Hopefully, I'm the people's point of view because I'm just like you," DeGeneres said on her syndicated talk show Thursday. "I sit at home and I watch it, and I don't have that technical ... I'm not looking at it in a critical way from the producer's mind. I'm looking at it as a person who is going to buy the music and is going to relate to that person."

No comments: