Sunday, September 18, 2011

New Series: Secret Circle Similarities To "The Craft"


If you're like me and you're a TV junky, you'd know that there's a new series out called Secret Circle about young witches. I just saw the pilot episode today. It was quite amusing. For the benefit of those who haven't seen it, here's the trailer



Anyway this series reminded me so much of the1996 movie "The Craft" - many elements were so similar that I couldn't help but compare


Check out the four girls in both posters. Please ignore the boys. I think they're there because a huge population of their US target market is probably composed of female teenagers



There's the bad girl -  hair tied back with rather thick eye liner. The innocent looking star - very similar to Robin Tunney from 1996 and the girl on the left looks a lot like Neve Campbell too. They also have a curly co-star very much like Rachel True

Now I don't know about you but it looks like they just copied the formula and added a few twists to it. Of course some of the more advanced cinematography is always appreciated


No comments: