Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Will Smith And His School of Scientology?


Will Smith and wife, Jada Pinkett Smith recently opened a new school called "New Village Academy" which is rumored to teach Scientology. This was clarified though in a recent interview with the couple where they maintained that although the school has several teachers who are Scientologists, they also have others that are Muslims and Christians. The school is to be secular and no religious teaching will be formally taught in the school.

Unlike Tom Cruise who is hardcore into Scientology, Will Smith seems to have taken some of the aspects he likes about the belief and just decided to use some of their methods in his new school.

I have nothing against Scientology but Will Smith is pretty cool to have said from US Magazine:

"I believe that my connection to my higher power is separate from everybody's. I don’t believe that the Muslims have all the answers and all the beliefs. I don’t believe the Christians have all the answers and beliefs, or that the Jews have all the answers."


It's nice when celebrities stand up for themselves.

But visit the New Village Academy website and then let me know what you think of the school. It is designed for very young impressionable children so one does have to be very careful about how teachings are relayed.

No comments: